Global Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are an essential part of our culture. Our long history of promoting diversity in our ranks began over a half-century ago, with the leadership of one man: Joseph C. Wilson, the first CEO of modern-day Xerox. Thanks to his vision,?diversity became a part of our value system.
Today, we have one of the most diverse workforces in the world. Through diversity of backgrounds and perspectives, we gain the?benefit of different ways of looking at our business, leading to innovative breakthroughs for our customers and more engaging work for our people.
And we continue to learn and adapt every day. We build and sustain a global workforce and supply base that represent and connect with the different people and communities we serve. In today’s changing, connected world, our shared commitments to respect each other and listen to each other remain critical to our success.
Diversity and Inclusion: Strategy In Action
Diversity and inclusion are not just words on paper; they are part of our core values and the way we do business. Through teamwork, professionalism, respect and inclusiveness, we create an environment where our people can achieve their goals and make our clients more successful.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion gains will not be sustained unless our workplace promotes and encourages new ways of problem-solving and diversity of thought.
To that end, we promote understanding and inclusion through a comprehensive set of diversity initiatives and strategies:
- Our balanced workforce strategy drives equitable people representation in all areas of our company, all around the world.
- Our?work-life programs?assist our people in the many aspects of their personal lives. We are pleased that Xerox has been selected as a 2020 Best Companies for Multicultural Women by Working Mother magazine—an honor recognizing companies that create and use best practices in hiring, retaining, and promoting multicultural women in the United States.
- We educate all of our people on diversity programs, policies and achievements. And, we ensure diversity and inclusion principles are communicated to all of our people.
- We continually develop and evolve strategies that leverage diversity to gain a competitive global advantage and to drive market excellence.
- Our supplier diversity program ensures we are actively committed to purchasing supplies and products from small and diverse enterprises.
- We address diversity disparities by being transparent, identifying shortfalls and closing those gaps.?Read our CSR Progress Summary.
Xerox Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
We're proud to once again be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality" by the HRC Foundation's Corporate Equality Index. Xerox has earned a 100% score every year since the survey's inception.